Re: Wheel question (putting on 13" wheels)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel question (putting on 13" wheels)
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
Gordon is right! I have installed 13" wheels on my
race car and it is not hard but life there after in
not the same. I milled down the outside diameter of
the rotors by a little over an 1/8". Then I slotted
the Caliper mounting bolt holes to slide the calipers
in further. I used 1/2 spacer to get the wheel mounted
and used a 2 3/4" backspace wheel. This gives you 1/4
clearence between the wheel and the caliper. The
problem for me is, I need to put some new rotors on
and don't want to mill down some brand new rotors. I
am going to a 2" backspace 13x10 wheel and moving the
calipers back out to the right spot.

Don Miller
69 Turbo V-6
68 1600 for sale