screwy question

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: screwy question
From: Pam and Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:04:00 -0700
Got a poser for everyone. I have a 67 1600 with low back seats. I
stripped them and had the frames powder coated and plated for
recovering. Both seats appear to have the hinge bolt on the same side of
the frame (outside for driver, inside for passenger). The passenger seat
is the only one with the spring latch on the back to hold the seat in
the locked and upright position--the driver's seat is not drilled to
accept the latch, which I understand is the way it's supposed to be. Is
this hinge bolt setup normal? Anyone with an early 67, a quick peek and
a note would be much appreciated.

Paul
67 1600