Re: Solex/A cam/ Race Engines

To: toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net
Subject: Re: Solex/A cam/ Race Engines
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:14:24 EDT
toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net writes:

<<  The factory cam grinds however, had nothing to do with any of it.  "Old
Blue"
 had a dynoed full race engine, way past the A & B cams.>>

Jim
Didn't mean to imply that Studdard used a factory cam...just that AFTER
Studdard, SCCA (Central Div at least) only permitted big chokes if you stayed
with the factory A cam. That's the way our car ran because that setup worked
better than running choked down Solexes with a B...or hotter...cam.

BTW I heard he also had a wild scratch built suspension too (legal by then).

Craig Carter