Fairladys on the Beach Sunday

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fairladys on the Beach Sunday
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 00:04:37 EDT
It rained all day long.  Yes, all day as if we where stuck in Washington
state.  ;>)  It was actually quite nice though.  Cars started rolling in at
8am and by 9am there were well over a dozen cars.  We all moved up to the
restaurant and took in some breakfast and views of the Pacific Ocean as well
as our cars parked down below us n the preferred parking lot.

Datsuns kept trickling in until we alost had two dozen in attendance.
Wonderful.  Especially since it was still raining.  After the awards ceremony
we went for a drive to the Presidio, Fort Point which is located unerneath
the Golden Gate Bridge for a photosession.  Yes, in the rain still.  These
are hardcore enthusiasts.  The group then broke up and headed home.

Speaking of hardcore, Ken Pletcher arrived in his '68 Datster.  Yeah...!  We
couldnt believe it.  We were all sitting in the restaurant when he and his
passenger arrived in the Roadster wearing inclement weather gear.  If only he
could have heard the cheers from the restaurant.  Btw... for those who don't
know... Kens 2000 has been converted into a permenent open top.  It has no
windows or top.  The tops have been skillfully welded shut.  This car has
taken many awards in West Coast shows recently.  Just look at the Solvang
2000 pics.

So it rained alittle..... all day.  It was still a wonderful first show and
it looks like it will become an annual event now.  Pictures to be posted
shortly.  Thanks again Fred for bringing your wonderful wife Annie who helped
out with alot of the details ballot tallying.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 SOLEX