Web Update - Rare Japanese Magazine Advertising

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Web Update - Rare Japanese Magazine Advertising
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 17:29:29 EDT
Hello all

Following a well earned rest I've now added a further update to the archive.
Please  click on:-

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady

For the latest web update check out the News and Updates section or the
Japanese Index for some rare Japanese advertising for the Roadster from 1965
-1969.  Some of the pics are not top quality but these are rare ads and
difficult to find.

Coming soon are some rare Monte Carlo pics from 1968 and 1969 - I found these
at the Classic & Sportscar show at the National Exhibition Centre last
weekend - my  '69 2000 was featured at the Show alongside 1) a mint 240Z, 2)
the only 240ZG in the country, and 3) a Skyline GT-R - this made an awesome
sight. I'll put some pics up soon.

I can't leave without an update on my latest (Off Topic) acquisition - a 260Z
- I act on the Committee of the Classic Z Register here in England and after
many hours of earbending from fellow members I succumbed to buying a Z - with
a difference - she's a Roadster! - converted in the late 1980s she's the only
one in the UK - with triple Webers, K&Ns, Janspeed Headers, fully adjustable
suspension, etc, etc, she just eats up the miles and is now my daily driver -
she'll never replace the Roadsters but she's great fun nonetheless.

Regards for now.

Rob Beddington
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The Classic Fairlady Roadster
Register</A>

PS - If anyone's at a Roadster meet coming up at Fort Worth, give my regards
to Jeff and Jackie Haught with their recently restored metallic blue 2000
Roadster. Jeff and Jackie started ther restoration in the UK - I never saw
the car, but met J&J a few times - from photos the car looks a real treat.