Re: Brake Temperatures

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Temperatures
From: Todd Osborn <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 19:12:41 -0700
Michael,
Hopefully your caliper cylinders don't get any hotter than the boiling
point of brake fluid ;-)

I don't think the caliper cylinders get that hot, I have had mine
painted with ordinary Rust-Oleum Metallic Finish (aluminum color) for
three years with no discoloration or flaking. I don't do any track time,
but the rotors are a nice dark blue, which means they are getting in the
500 to 600 deg F range. I like to prep for paint with a 10% acid
solution (Jasco metal etch works well too), gloves and goggles, rinse
well with water.
Todd Osborn
68 DATSFUN