Alternator, Temperature and Oil

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator, Temperature and Oil
From: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 08:58:05 -0500
Well I got the GM one wire alternator on the car and it seems to be working
fine.  The only problem was that the alternator fan blade was hitting the
lower nut on the steering rod.  Just running the alternator with the belt a
little looser than I would and it clears the nut.  Will have to try and find
a slightly smaller belt and that will solve the problem.  A few bumps and
bruises (it's really tight down there) but all in all a pretty easy swap.

With all the talk of high temps, where do your cars run.  I am 1/4 below the
240 degree mark.  High or normal?

I notice that I get an oil spray near my distributor.  Where can this be
coming from?

Lastly - the wife and I buzzed up to Road Atlanta yesterday for the Walter
Mitty Challenge (historics).  Awesome day, about 80 degrees and sunny, no
breeze, no humidity.  Beautiful cars, and a lot of attention paid to the
roadster.  Funny how you can be parked next to a Testarossa, and people want
to look at your car before checking out the Ferrari <grin>  The racing was
great, and I finally  got to hear the whine of a V10 F1 car (John Alessi's I
think).  Just awesome!!

Thanks again to everyone for their help and support.   I'm enjoying the
ride.

Chris Brucciani
SRL 3032
Marietta, GA