Re: Looking for some Rear Comp Springs

To: casalp@earthlink.net, KWS711@aol.com
Subject: Re: Looking for some Rear Comp Springs
From: Jsk977@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 14:58:34 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/00 7:21:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
casalp@earthlink.net writes:

<< ou might want to go for a ride in a roadster that has comp springs in
 it. " Why I remember"  back when I raced my roadster  in  the late 70s
 most racing roadsters I saw ran the stock rear springs, de-arched.  I
 was told that the racing springs were to stiff.  I have racing  springs
 on mine, but it has never been, and won't ever  be on the street. ;-)  I
 hope to run it at Candlestick autocross on May 20.  That surface is
 bumpy, so I will see how  it does on less than ideal surfaces.
 David Pina

Dave,

Long time ago I tried the rear comp springs on on my CP 67 Solex, and like
many others found them too stiff for the bumpy east coast tracks. Finally
settled on the stock springs with a lowering kit from Bob Sharp. The kit
contained extended U bolts and an assortment of aluminimun blocks of various
thicknesses that fit between the spring and axle. Can't imagine using the
comp springs for the street.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 - 00099