Other 2L swap comments/questions

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Other 2L swap comments/questions
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:07:15 -0500
A had a few other comments.

1.  I have an angle drive speedo drive adapter from a 1600.  I dollied out
the trans tunnel to remove stress from the cable but the angle drive seems
superior.  Is it necessary.  BTW, is there a correct way to lube a speedo
cable (hasn't been used in nearly 30 years).

2.  I am really disappointed to see an electric oil pressure sender on the
earlier roadsters.  If the 67 1/2's used a mechanical guage, I would really
consider swapping!  I just feel they are much more trustworthy.

3.  When installing the 5 speeds into the earlier cars, has anyone put a
slight bend in the shifter to avoid cracking ones fingers on the dash board?
I have yet to shift the car but the clearance seems really close!

Nathan