Re: Flashing Center Brake lights.

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Subject: Re: Flashing Center Brake lights.
From: Guy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:38:38 -0700
Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us wrote:

> Guy,
>
> Sorry to hear of your injuries and hope you mend quickly. Everything you
> say is right on. But sometimes making your car more visible still won't
> stop an accident caused by idiots.
>
> Several years ago a red light runner ploughed into the passenger side of
> my Maxima and totaled it. I still feel some pain now and then in my
> shoulder and neck and will never forget the memory of seeing the car at
> the last split second before the hit. I and my passenger were lucky, as
> I just let him off a few blocks before. That friend always counts to 5
> before starting off on a green light. The woman who hit my car barreled
> through the intersection long after the light changed. Her excuse? She
> was looking at all the storefronts trying to find one particular store.
>
> Of all the accidents I've been in, none my fault, I've had people run
> stop signs, hit my rear end while waiting at a light, and one time I was
> parked in a supermarket parking spot waiting for my wife and someone
> found a way to run into the side of my car. I didn't have my seat belt
> on then! In my younger days, I was parked making out, and a drunk
> slammed into the side of my car (how rude!). No seat belt on then,
> either.
>
> I just wanted to say to others, don't be afraid to drive our little
> cars. Bad things can happen anywhere. Take your precautions, but do go
> outside and enjoy life.
>
> Fred - So.SF

Fred,

How true.  Still putzing with my roadster.  Just can't put any oomph
into a recalcitrant nut.  There are indeed alot of nuts out there that
arn't so recalcitrant...seems like you have met your share.  It does
shake you up a tad...and make you think a bit about things I don't
normally think about.

Guy