Re: SU-Solex conversion questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Subject: Re: SU-Solex conversion questions
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:05:05 EST
Hello Dan,

Yes the Solex carbs have just one cable.  I hear that the cables are more
difficut to locate but they are out there somewhere.

In regards to the valve cover breather tube.  Yes, it is suppose to connect
to the stock SOlex cleaner.  I currently have my Solex Cleaner hanging on the
wall.  The tube is secured to pont away from any moving items.  I was told
that there were two purposes for this connection.  When the tube was connct
to the cleaner unit it also served a purpose as to help draw air from the
motor.  I dont know how much difference the carbs would make as it drew air
through the tube.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex