Brake question and Change of web address

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake question and Change of web address
From: Ken Smart <Ken.Smart@tip.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:34:25 +1100
Well it seems the test worked, thanks Stan.

Van and everyone else,

I have had to move my web pages due to a new web site being set up a work
with an SQL database backend. I was not invited to be part of it, can't
understand why :)  Well I guess 4 years was a good run!

My new address is:
http://australia.internations.net/auto/smartweb/index2.html

I have moved about 80% of my stuff there so far, the rest I hope to move
there soon. There is no redirect or info on my old page as you can't get to
it, well there is a back door but it will close eventual,(few
months/years). But if I change jobs I will have to move it anyway.

BRAKE QUESTION:
I have a 67.5 1600 I put my shoes in to get replacements today. I noticed
that the shoe on the hand brake side of the drum is quite worn but the shoe
on the other side is not. I have had hand brake problems which I belive I
have fixed I hope. Is this the cause of the uneven ware or something else?
Could the sliding arrangement not be moving as intended? How is it intended
to move?
Is there some kind of lube that should be used on it. I know that as a rule
grease does not go near brake parts. Any ideas?

Also drums, Seeing how only the inside is worn can they be relined? They
are harder to find over here.

Thanks in anticipation of a flood of information :)

Ken Smart
67.5 (SR20)
Sydney
Australia
Collectors of World Cups (to many to list here)