Re: Temp gauge/sensor

To: "Ross" <SROSS@ex-pressnet.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temp gauge/sensor
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:04:21 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Ross <SROSS@ex-pressnet.com>

>I have been restoring a '69 2000. Before re-installing the dash I
>want to make sure that all gauges etc work. The temp gauge does
>not move.
>1) Is there an easy way to isolate the problem (gauge, sensor,
>wiring, etc)?

Kinda, yeah.  Ground the sender wire, the gauge should move to HOT.

>2) Where is the temp sensor located?

On the thermostat housing, underneath the thermostat, facing the rear
of the engine compartment.

>Additional question: the labels I put on the wires to the voltage
>regulator on the right side of the steering column came off. Does
>it matter which wire goes where, if so how do I tell which is
correct?

I'm sure it does matter.  I'm guessing, but there's probably four or
five wires?  Two will go to the alternator, one will go to a key-on
12v+, and maybe a ground...  get a wiring diagram and trace the
wires, shouldn't be too hard to do.

HTH
Kyle