Re: top repair

To: Datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: top repair
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:00:00 -0800
Robert wrote:

    Subject: Ragtop Repair Ideas

    Hello,

    Does anyone have any cheap tips for repairing somewhat minor rips on
the
    ragtop?  It's not in that
    bad of shape, and I don't want to buy a new ragtop until I get the
car
    painted, so I'm looking for a
    cheap way out.
    Robert - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque

After someone did a bit of slashing on it 15 or so years ago (dontcha
just love them vandals!) I took it to an auto upholstery shop who sewed
a couple of like material small patches over  the ripped spots. I think
it was $10 or so.  And they're still doing just fine, though the back
window gave it up quite some time ago and I cut it out.

Mark Miller
Alameda, CA
69 RHD Fairlady 2000