Re: POR-15

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: POR-15
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:37:47 -0800
Dan,

The metal treat works so well, I'm buying a gallon more to use for other
metal painting. It's not completely necessary but it does great cleaning the
rust up and gives you a good surface to work with. The same exact product is
available from other manufacturers (Eastwood is one)

Notes on por15

It goes a long way, the quart comes in 4oz containers. this covered a good
portion of my truck's frame, the frame in the roadster's engine compartment,
suspension parts and I still have 1, 4oz can left. I wasted about 4oz by not
having tightened the caps a couple of times. (hint close it up tight!)

Use 3/4 inch foam brushes and throw them away when done. they're .65 each at
your local hardware store. I bought 20 of them.

USE GLOVES!!!! You DO NOT want this stuff on your skin. It comes off only
with time (about a week!)

Prep the surface. wire brush of as much rust as possible. Clean all oils and
grease with strong soapy water. Then use the metal prep.

Do not try to brush over once painted. This really screws it up. One stroke
only! repaint only after it has dried.