Photos and Restoration Progress

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Photos and Restoration Progress
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:33:12 -0600
Hey all-
It's good to be back!  I've been away from my computer for over a week and
am trying to answer all my e-mails.  Lot's of interesting discussion on this
list, especially regarding the front suspension geometry.
I seem to have less and less time to work on my roadster with work
responsibilities piling up but was able to prep and paint the engine bay
over the past several days.  My intent was to have the entire body ready to
paint but this didn't come to fruition.  With the cold weather fast
approaching,  I decided I had better settle on at least getting the engine
bay painted to allow me to install the engine and get the mechanicals ready
for next spring.

The painting went extremely well.  It was my first time painting clear-coat
and I was apprehensive at first, only having sprayed enamels before.  I set
myself up for failure as this was the first time I had used a gravity feed
gun and to top it off the paint was a pearl metallic.  To say the least, I
was very impressed with how well it laid and flowed!  I would challenge
anyone out there repainting to use clear coat as the finished product can be
gorgeous!  This w/end will consist of coating the frame and brake lines with
POR15 and relocating the battery in the trunk.

I definitely feel more like the Tortis than the Hare at this point in this
restoration "race".  My goal is to be cruzin next May.  I left a link to my
photo-point album to keep everyone that's interested updated on my progress.
Keep me accountable to my May deadline!!
Nathan
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=123299&a=906620