Project Buick 215 in '66

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Project Buick 215 in '66
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 19:11:58 EST
  Hello Roadsterites,

  It's been a little while since I last posted.  Changed jobs, which is already
hectic and got a new girlfriend who truly does not recognize the car-guy
thing...the "training" is not going well and the '66  has been suffering.  But
I did get the motor and tranny in last weekend.  Of course, the front
crossmember is right in the way of the oil pump/filter housing, the steering
shaft is 1/2 inch away from the exhaust ports on the head and blocking the last
2 ports, and clearance from the head to the fenderwell is something like 2-3
inches.  On top of this, the hood isn't closing, so it looks like a small
hoodscoop is in my future (which really bums me out).  Yeah, a L20B or SR20 or
even KA24 is lookin pretty good right about now...I keep trying to remind
myself why I've gotten myself into this...then I step away and see it,
beautiful BMW burgundy metallic with all new chrome, polished Libras, brand new
tires with a 320lb aluminum block V8 in it...then I freak out that I'm not dr!
iving it yet.  =)
  Pretty soon...
  I've been religiously taking pictures of the process, building the motor,
tranny, install, prep and paint, chrome, interior.  Soon I'll get my lazy butt
in gear and get a website up showing it all.  I've been looking at the all the
pictures of the Surfside show and was droolin over all the Datsuns.  I "will"
show at Solvang though, and the Motorsport Z show too.
  enjoy the ride.

  Stan Wada