RE: Mounting one wire alt.

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mounting one wire alt.
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:21:10 -0500
Actually this is why the Roadster venders charge 60,75,90.00+ bucks for a
mounting kit.
The alternator needs the front lower support to dampen the vibration that
occurs.  A better grade bolt may prolong the break but won't correct it.

I tooled up to make a kit, but by the time you get together the RIGHT hardware,
custom machine correct spacers etc, you have 50.00+ bucks in it and there is no
profit left.
Most roadster owners would scoff at a 100.00 alternator mount kit no matter how
well
engineered it is, such is life!

Jim Tyler