'70 2000 Roadster Project FS (Wisconsin)

To: datusn-roadsters-digest <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: '70 2000 Roadster Project FS (Wisconsin)
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:37:19 -0500
Hi all!

Since my once "potential" move is looking "very probable", I have to get
serious about liquidating my unfinished projects.  In this case, it's an
untouched project.

I bought this '70 2000 Roadster in CA a little over a year ago and had
it shipped to Wisconsin.  It's fairly weathered for a CA car, but pretty
solid.  I bought it for the solid floors and trunk!

It's showing 57,446 and that seems possible... very little is worn...
it's mostly weathered.

The car was last driven a bit over 5 years ago... when the previous
owner took the carbs off to rebuild... and then decided to pull the
engine... reportedly for a clutch.  The carbs were disassembled and are
lying all over the trunk.  (I have a nice set of HS6 carbs to go with
the car.)  That's where most of the cooling and exhaust system is as
well.  It _appears_ everything's there.  The engine turns over easily by
hand, but that's about all I can say about it.

It has an aftermarket hardtop missing the rear window and a softtop
frame. An old boot cover is there, too.  The seats and dash need
recovering and the carpet is rotten, but there.  The windshield is
cracked.  It sports 3 Mustang hubcaps of unknown vintage, but decent
tires.  There are some rust bubbles on the body. I have a clear CA
title.

Anyway, I intend to offer it on Ebay this weekend and figured I'd give
the list a chance first.  Though I have over $2000 invested, I'd like to
get $1000 (or might trade for a dual axle car trailer).

I'm in Lake Mills, WI right on I-94 between Madison and Milwaukee.

I just put up some pix on my embarrassingly low-tech website.  The
directory is at: http://www.concentric.net/~Wcelliot/Datsun/

Thanks!

Bill Elliott
... I also have a '65 Corvair and Corvair Dune Buggy for sale cheap and
an expensive '67 Amphicar project... group deals offered! ;-)