engine swap thread

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: engine swap thread
From: Joshua Milton <jt_milton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:51:47 -0800 (PST)
Just for the record, I am not doing an engine swap.
Im building an R16 with webers, cam, porting, and a
header.

I just wanted to get that out in the open.  I tend to
be open to ideas and new ways of doing things, but I
usually forget to factor in that I work on my own car.
 Mecahnics fees can really add up and if youre not
really experienced/adept at what youre doing you can
cost yourself more money by taking on a fixer upper or
a project such as an engine swap.

For example:  I have spent in the neighborhood of
$1200 to get to where I am on the rebuild of my R16
and Im not done spending money! nor do I have the
engine installed yet.  The kicker is I wonder how much
it would have cost if I had to pay someone to do ALL
of the work.  As it is Ive had to shell out a couple
hundred for my machine shop work.  I recently saw an
ad for an L20b & trans with 53k miles on it that ran
nice and was going for $400 complete.  It can be
frustrating to know that you could have done so much
more for close to the same amount of money.

OK.  Im done rambling on engine swaps.  :p

joshua milton
69 1600
encino, ca

=====