Steering Gear for 68 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Gear for 68 2000
From: Jim Williams <jamesd_williams@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 22:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
I looked inside my 68 2000 steering gearbox today and
found part of the worm gear broken off... I am in the
restoration process and the frame is up on blocks, so
I found the problem before I got on the road... which
might have been rather exciting!

Here's my question for the list:

Can the worm gear be welded up and remachined?
Can I still get the worm gear from Nissan? Cost?
Does anyone know the part number (I looked in my
repair manual, but the part number was not listed)

Should I just purchase a used steering box? Cost?
Who has  a good used one?
Thanks for your help... This list is great...and yes I
sent a donation off to Mark in SLC..list is really
helpful...
Jim Williams
jamesd_williams@yahoo.com
68 2000