1600 Master/Slave Cylinders

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 Master/Slave Cylinders
From: Andy Marosi <atmarosi@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:12:58 -0700
On my 68' 1600 that has just finally reached the floor rather than being on
it's old friend, the BLOCKS, I start it up, and press the clutch, and it
won't engage.  So, I clean out the hardline from the master cylinder, and
also the tank of the Master, and then bleed and bleed again, to make sure
NO air bubbles are in.  I refill fluid, and then give it another try.  But
it won't engage again.  I have a STRONG feeling that my master cylinder is
not functioning like it is supposed to...  So, what do i do now?  Do i have
to repair the master AND slave cylinders for the clutch, or can i just fix
the Master??  Also, my brakes are like, locked on the wheel.  I pushed them
to activate them, and after a few pumps they grab, and then stay that way.
I rolled the car back and forth, to loosen them a bit, and it worked, but
just a little bit.  So... what can I do to fix this?

And, last but not least, where can I find a HARD top?

Thanks people!!