Progress Report

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Progress Report
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:22:47 -0400
After many long months in storage the 1600 is now in two pieces. Yep, the
chassis is on the ground and the body is 5ft above it on the hoist. A
rare and unique opportunity to view the body and frame from below one
day and chassis down, body up the next. Fenders, doors, hood and trunk
lid spread out on rolling carts from one end of the shop floor to the
other. I must tell you it is a beautiful $ight.

Epoxy primers and paint have been ordered for the frame and underside,
finish colour has been chosen. Blasting and stripping will be contracted
out and one of my engines was delivered to the machine shop today for a
complete rebuild. For obvious reasons we want the motor in place when the
body rejoins the frame.

All this in two days. At this rate I could be flat broke in two weeks.

--
Frank Roggeband | 67.5-1600, 69-1600, 69-510, 71-510, 75-710, 93-KingCab
Grimsby Ontario | Home Page-->http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html