Re: Dash Harness Questions

To: Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>,
Subject: Re: Dash Harness Questions
From: Taylor Hutt <t.hutt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:50:58 -0700
Bob Mann wrote:

> After troubleshooting some electrical gremlins, I concluded after
> discovery of bare/toasted/oxidized ignition primaries throughout the
> bundle (with some cross-signalling) that new engine compartment and dash
> harnesses are mandatory winter projects.
>
> Can anyone on the list offer their experience of refitting the dash
> harness?  In particular, how difficult to refit, is it necessary to
> remove dash, tips and tricks, etc.

I've also got a 69 2000 Solex and have put in a new dash, starter and
engine harness.  It's
a must to remove the dash to get at all the components.  It can take
several hours to remove the dash, so be prepared for the long haul when
you begin this little subproject.

Rallye had exactly the harnesses I needed, and at reasonable prices.
When you begin shopping you'll need to know how many connectors are on
some of the engine/starter harness-to-dash-harness connectors because
Nissan changed quite often.

If you've got any other questions, feel free to email me directly.