Rust belt roadsters!-rust proofing suggestions?!

To: <pkort@cis.picker.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust belt roadsters!-rust proofing suggestions?!
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:22:50 -0500
kudos Paul!

Most don't realize that many midwestern states don't use salt on all the
roads.  Many states and counties use cinders instead.   No as much rust but
lots of rock and window chips! Michigan is the exception to this as they use
LOTS of salt on the roads during the winter.

BTW, my 67 1600 I bought has NO rust anywhere (bought in St. Louis and spent
its entire life in Illinois).  Any suggestions on how to keep it that way?

Thanks
Nathan

>   Yes, we do get a bit of rust here in the rust belt, but ...  Most car
> collectors realize that the best place to buy convertibles is up this way!
Most