An early Christmas for team.net?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: An early Christmas for team.net?
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
Dang, Mark's posting came just a little bit early...

In late November, I was going to float this idea to the list.
So I'll just bump my time table up a tad.
*DISCLAIMER* I have no direct ties with Mark or team.net, I
just benefit mightily from his service. Datsun-roadsters is the
reason my car runs. I got my brakes thru here, I got my engine
thru here, I got my project/parts car thru here!

What do your magazine subscriptions cost every year? $10? $20?
CAR was $27.95, last I knew. Are they worth what you pay? Probably
so, right?

Well, what is datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net but a very active,
online magazine contantly published by US, the list contributors,
and enjoyed by US, the list membership?

Here we have a bunch of loyal car owners, we read this list for
support, encouragement, and maybe even for entertainment (even
if Alan and Jim's engagement is off again). We stand up for our
cars, we stand up for each other, and we help out when we can
(We won't talk about Randy...).

So here's what I propose: Let's treat this list as an on-line
magazine, and try to get a 100% subscription rate! Let's show
Mark that the service he provides is worth his suggested $8.95!

Let him know that you're part of the datsun-roadsters list, and
let's see how good a turnout we can get! If we 'resubscribe' every
year, that's still only 75 CENTS a month!

Those that don't feel so inclined to 'subscribe', that's OK too.
You won't be shunned, or made fun of. But think about it - 3 cents
a day is all it takes to show Mark how important this list is to us.

-- John

    John Sandhoff   sandhoff@csus.edu   Sacramento, CA