Armchair Engineering..

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Armchair Engineering..
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

        At Shasta at the 510 show I noticed that a lot of the 510 guys had
a strange airfilter set up.  It look like they had a sealed airbox over the
carbs with a large diameter hose ~2" coming off the forward part of it and
going forward to infront of the rad. ending in a little K&N cone air filter.
        My first question is why??  Does this have some performance enhancing
effect??
        Second question:  How could you calc. the amount of air being sucked
into the tubing??  If the engine in question was a roadster??  I'm looking
for cubic feet per minute or something like that.

                Thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA