Re: redhead

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: redhead
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:20:01 -0400
A 32 year old redhead with a roadster who knows auto parts.  Next you
will be telling us you can cook too!  Damn, makes me wish I was 20 years
younger.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, Fl  -  Awaiting Irene; clouds now and rain this weekend.

SPL311RDST@aol.com wrote:

'nuther cop story:

This one happened about 13 years ago...

One night after a long "freight shift" at the parts store I worked at, I
was driving home through downtown Puyallup. (S. of Seattle for those not
in the know). It was a bit past 1:00a, and a beautiful summer night. The
top was off and I was rather enjoying myself, not in any hurry to get
home. Out of nowhere there came those purty blue lights, and I found
myself being pulled over, not by one, but by TWO cruisers. They both got
out and came up to my car:

"Do you know how fast you were going?"
"Sure do - 35-just like that sign back there says."
"Oh- uh... OK. We just wanted to make sure you were *safe*"
"Of course I am, can I go home now?"

At this point they were exchanging the "oh $#it what do we do now"
glances,

and just sorta let me go.  They never did bother to check my
license/registration. What WERE they looking for? ? ? They never did
make any comment about the car- too afraid?? I don't suppose they'd ever
seen a (then) 19 year-old red-head in a nice little sportscar at 1:00a
before ?! <G>

I 'spose we should add some fancy doughnuts/pastries to that "stuff to
keep in the trunk in case of emergencies" list eh? <G>

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ