Re: hi cap oil pan & NISMO front spings

To: 76245.1056@CompuServe.COM, Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hi cap oil pan & NISMO front spings
From: Jsk977@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:07:45 EDT
Lee,

I ran that set up for a few years on the street before going racing in my
67.5 SRL, only had one mishap which convinced me that that aluminum was near
bullet proof.  Hit a large rock on an unimproved dirt road with enough force
to seperate the motor mounts and push the front of the cam cover into the
underside of the hood. The only damage to the pan was a slightly mashed
appearance to the front of a few of the cast fins. 32 years later, the crease
is still in the hood.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099