RE: SQUEEELLL!!!!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SQUEEELLL!!!!
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:25:36 -0400
Go search the autoparts places for Permatex Disc Brake Quiet.  It comes in a
spray can.
It is a super sticky, high temp glue.  Brake squeal is often caused by the pad
chattering
against the face of the brake piston.  Newer designs use shims and cushions to
dampen the
chatter, roadsters don't offer those options.

Remove the pads, clean the backs and the face of the pistons with lacquer
thinner on a rag.
Let dry.  Spray the BACK surface of the pads with the Permatex.  Let them dry.
They will
be very tacky after 30 minutes.  Slide them back into place and re-assemble.

Go out and drive.  Do 10 easy moderate speed stops.  You are done.

If the Permatex doesn't fix it, you rotor surface is uneven or the rotor in not
true (turn/replace)
In either case there is a good chance you don't need new pads.

Jim