Summer/Winter Valve

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Summer/Winter Valve
From: "Steve Butner" <sbutner@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 10:15:19 -0700
Anyone know how the Summer/Winter Valve directs coolant?  I near as I can
figure when the valve is in the 0 deg position (straight up) coolant is
directed to the heater core and then returns under the intake manifold.
When it is in the 90 deg position, the heater core is bypassed and coolant
is directed directly under the intake manifold.
Is this correct?
I'm trying to fix a pinging problem and think that insufficient cooling flow
under the intake manifold may be the problem.

Steve Butner
'70 1600