Low Windshield Hardtop

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Low Windshield Hardtop
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:14:33 -0500
Hey all-
Has anyone out there attempted to convert a textured hardtop to a smooth,
paintable one? I don't know the manufacturer of the top, but it has a square
back window and side porthole windows with a black textured finish.
I doesn't seem all that difficult to skim the entire surface with fiberglass
resin or body putty, finish sand, primer, and paint.  Am I all thinking
correctly or it there anything I'm missing?  The only downside I see, is the
extreme caution needed in storing a painted top versus a textured top.

Oh, BTW, one other drawback-having to buy a complete, restorable roadster to
get the top!  :-)

Any suggestions or insight is appreciated

Nathan
69 2000
67 1600
67 1/2 1600???  (Time will tell)