Re: It runs

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It runs
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 00:36:32 -0700
Another oops, this is something else I should have added to my list of 2000
versus 1600 in a '66.

My 2000 SU rear carb has a return line that went back to the fuel tank.
It's got a heat sensitive valve that allows venting to the fuel tank.
Unfortunately, my '66 has no return line to the tank. So I took the carb
return line fitting, and used a tap&die set to thread it inside. Then I put
gasket sealer on a bolt, and bolted it into the return line fitting. Stuck
a fuel line hose over it, and clamped it down. Before I stuck the hose on
it, it was dripping a bit. I had used new fuel line everywhere, except for
reusing the old piece that joins both carbs. Natch, that's what spilled
fuel all over the manifold.

Hey Victor, will I be seeing you at Doheny in October?

Fred

> From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: It runs
> Date: Thursday, September 30, 1999 11:45 PM
>
> Couldn't wait. rigged an extension from header to exhaust and started her
> up.  Just like Fred Katz, I too have a fuel leak and I think one of my
carb
> pistons is sticking. Well, to bed. I'll sweat the details maņana.
Roadster