Flop... grind...grind...grind...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Flop... grind...grind...grind...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:37:42 EDT
Just took the car out this morning for a drive and one of the straps on the
gas tank broke.  Was able to tuck the broken strap up and on top of the
sagging tank and drive it home.  I have the tank propped up so that the
weight is off of the unbroken strap.

What should I look for in doing these repairs.  I havn't gotten underneath
the tank yet but it seems that it should be a fairly easy fix.  Anything I
should watch for.  Of yes, safety first...  work on the gas tank outside.

Parts, parts parts!  Any info and prices from the dealers would be great!

I was also thinking of going straight to a fuel cell.  I do have plans for
some Vintage Racing very soon so maybe this is a good time to make the
switch.  For the racers out there who have performed this modification, I
will apprecaite any advise.  Would like to still be able to use the trunk and
also the standard fuel filler tube.  Is that possible?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca