dashboard "heave"

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: dashboard "heave"
From: "KC Brager" <lbwll@visi.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:24:48 +0000
Hi all -
Now that I know I'm dealing with a '68 1600, I have a question about the
dash.  The dash is a '69, which at the moment is fine, I'm making this a
"driver" for now and may restore further in the future but, am not doing the
"show and trailer" type ever.
What I need to know is this, I've seen postings regarding dash caps, which I
believe is the route I wish to go for now.  However, I have a major split
down the middle top which is wide in front and tapers to the window.  I'm
wondering if anyone has used the "dash filler" type tar products and
clamping while out of the car to seal and straighten one of these so that a
cap or dash bra will look smooth?
Also, who do I contact again about a new top?  Frame seems fine, top looked
good but was stored for many years with it down.  Fabric was rotten and
ripped around the grommets (sp?)

I guess to close, looking on making this car "functional" and a little
prettier than it is now so that I can enjoy it next year.  I'm sure once I
actually get it on the road my attitude will change and I'll want to do
everything.  I have to start slowly though, I don't want to waste anymore
time.  It's been in my garage for 6 years and I want to go PLAY!

Thanks for any help.

KC Brager  lbwll@visi.com
CRA (Central Roadracing Assoc.) WebMaster  www.cra-mn.org
A bend in the road, is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make
the turn. - unknown