Re: New Pictures

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Pictures
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:21:51 -0700
That was fabricated. I had noticed the holes in the valence and thought that
would be a good place for driving lights. My feeling is that the front end of
a roadster is fairly "busy" in stock form, and putting lights in front of the
grille makes it even more so. We cut the center section out of a stock bumper,
fabbed some ends and rechromed the whole mess.

The downside is that it does reduce the airflow to the radiator, especially
when combined with the air dam. I recently made a scoop that goes from the
driving light bracket up to the radiator (the original scoop on the radiator
had long since gone away) and that seems to help a little.

>From a practicality standpoint, it isn't an optimal solution, but everyone
seems to really like the looks. I know I sure do!

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA