Re: Silvia for sale in the US

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silvia for sale in the US
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:55:40 +0000
Dan Zubkoff wrote:

> Additional info.....
>
> I spoke with the owner of the silvia earlier today. He just purchased the
> car from an insurance company. The car is currently in Virginia, but will be
> shipped to his home near Buffalo, NY within a week.
>
> The color of the car is grayish/green. He was unsure of whether the car
> runs. He has seen photos of the car, but has yet to physically inspect the
> vehicle in-person. However, he believes the car is fairly original.

Silvias came only in one color (other than the police versions - now
that's a rare car) which was best descibed by Auzzie author Phillip
Brook in our most recent issue as a "gold-or-is-it-silver-metallic".
Today a paint like this is no big deal but back then it was ground
breaking. You can see color shots of the car in Phillip's article on the
Siliva in the current issue. BTW that is a *VERY* good price for the car
if it is even near complete and original, even if it was all in boxes.
There is one for sale in the magazine's classifieds (being sold by our
Auzzie distributor) for $30k. The price does include shipping to the
west coast but the car needs repainting (not original color) and other
work. It does run (or did last tiem they started it 2 1/2 yrs ago) and
is very complete.

Wish I had $5k to spend (also wish there was a chance in he-- I could
fit in a Silvia). One word of warning on Silvia restoration. Most of the
body panels are number-coded to the chasis because they were hand
assmebled and fitted on the chasis. You can't swap panels between cars
without lots of hand fitting and modification.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher