Hard top photos

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Hard top photos
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:32:59 -0400

  Sorry, I lost the address of the interested roadster owner.  There is a photo
of my 1969 1600 with hard top in place on Jeff's site,
<http://hometown.aol.com/jeffvh/index.html>.  I believe it to be a Snug Top.
Also take a look at the back cover of the Rallye insert.  Dann said that was a
Snug Top also.
  Mine fits quite well.  It attaches with three factory latches up front and two
eyebolts just behind the doors.  I installed new weather strip around the back
and it hasn't bothered my paint.  I used a large profile from JC Witless that
was supposed to be for mid 70s GM truck doors I think.  If you need, I can look
at a catalog tonight and get you their part number.
  Let me warn any body looking to get a hard top; it really changes the ride!
The sound of the tranny is much louder, along with any other road noise.  The
rear view becomes real small, especially if you have a roll bar ( which the top
clears with no problems! ).  And it make the car feel much smaller.  On the plus
side, the wind noise and buffeting is down.  It is much drier at the MidOhio
Vintage Grand Prix than not having a top at all.  And it doesn't stop people
from staring as you drive by!

Paul
OROC