Re: <no subject>

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, matt w Monday <matt_monday@juno.com>
Subject: Re: <no subject>
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:41:42 -0700
If you're as crazy as some of us BADROC guys, you'll do your own interior
work. Otherwise contact Stan Chernoff for the goods.

It's not that difficult to do the work yourself. Trace images of the
interior door and side panels on some 1/8-inch fibreboard. Try getting some
of the water-resistant variety. I had lots of the regular stuff and soaked
it in Thompsons Water Seal (after cutting it all up). Get some thin foam
insulation, and vinyl material and cut it larger than the panels so you can
fold the edges over. Use contact cement and/or a staple gun and you're in
business. Some guys put screws through the front face of the panels for
mounting in the car. I elected to match the original panel holes and clips,
and it was a real pain but it looks clean. For the bend in the door panels,
I scored a groove on the bend lines, soaked them in water, put the panels
in a vise and used bungee cords to pull the panels in the desired direction
and let it dry overnight. The rear luggage deck was a breeze.

I don't recommend making your own carpets. Buy them from someone else. Stan
Chernoff makes excellent carpets. You can buy the mounting clips from a
fabric store, and insert them yourself on the carpet pieces for fastening
down on the interior floor.

Doing it yourself gives you the opportunity to be creative with the
materials and colors, as well as adding extra functionality like a
multi-speaker system.

Dash-covers and seat-covers can be had. Also a rollbar looks great.

Have fun, Fred - So.SF
BADROC