'69 2000 For Sale

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: '69 2000 For Sale
From: "Steve Barnhouse" <stevebee@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:00:26 -0700
For Sale -- '69 2000 -- Asking $1100.

This car was a daily driver until a few years ago when a valve stuck.  I
garaged it at that time and I'm just now getting it fixed.  However, I'm too
busy to give it the attention it needs, so I'm hoping someone else will get
it back on the road for a bargain.  The car is in Boulder Creek, CA, near
Santa Cruz.

The head is currently off, but it has been refurbished by Jerry Rector of
Performance Technology in Mountain View.  Before the valve stuck, I had the
carb rebuilt and the car ran very well.  The engine is in great shape.  It's
a California car, so the body is in good shape with only a bit of rust.  It
needs paint.  I have a new top (from Fairlady Products) still in the box.
Interior is OK.  It has a new dash cover from Rallye put on by a previous
owner.

I've owned the car since 1988.  I bought it from a Stanford student who
owned it for about a year.  He bought it from a guy in San Francisco who
worked at the Exploratorium.  And (I believe, though not confirmed) that he
bought it from Mike Kerr, who of course took good care of it.  So the car
has a good history.  It deserves to be back on the road.

If you're interested, email me at stevebee@jps.net

--steve