tach cable seal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: tach cable seal
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 18:48:57 -0700
Oil dripping on my leg.  Fix is to replace the seal on the tach cable
drive.  Question is, exactley  where does it go?  I have removed the
distributor including the housing for the tach drive.  When you remove the
large nut on the outside of the housing it appears that the seal could go
on the interior or on the exterior of that piece the large nut is a part
of.  Hard to explain but hope someone has the answer.

Thanks,

Ray

68 1600
68 2000 (dripping oil on my new carpet set)