Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild
From: Xcokid@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:10:52 EDT
I am currently in the process of rebuilding the clutch master cylinder on my
Roadster.
Thankfully, it failed in my garage when I was leaving for work. What luck!
I'm awaiting a seal kit. I have already installed bushings in the worn rod
that is pinned to the pedal. I 'm thinking the cylinder started leaking
because of the way the rod was being pulled off center by the return spring
due to worn rod.
I guess I'm asking if anyone has come up with a solution, fix or modification
to prevent this probelm.
After installing one of Stan's brake cylinder braces, I gotta say, there are
some pretty clever folks out there!
Also, any alignment tips? I kept track of my shims and where they go, and it
seems pretty straight forward, but you never know.
BTW, no evidence of pitting in cylinder, so looks good as rebuild candidate.
Thanks.

Rick Stayner
69 2000
Harrisburg,Pa