[datsen]For what it is worth

To: "datsun-roadsters [list]" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [datsen]For what it is worth
From: walter menge <walter.menge@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 99 01:18:03 Central Daylight Time
Hi. Let me pass this along for what it is worth
while vacationing along IH 10, along the coast, some years back my wife and
stoped in a small town having a
trade day or something of the sort. They were having a swap meet, cars on
display, mostly local people havin a
enjoyable day. A lady was advertising a restoration business she and her
husband enjoyed. I use the word
enjoy because while talking to her I felt comfortable to discuss the money they
made. I asked her, if not too
personal and if she didn't mind talking about it was it profitable? She said we
probably make about $2.75 an
hour and quickly replied. "But we enjoy it" I think this is the secrit with
most people driving and restoring cars.
There is a certain enjoyment in our ability to keep them running and have
people ask what year and make and
probably say that some day I am going to get one. Is there a price you can put
on your enjoyment? I feel that
every one should have a vice of some sort. This doesn't break tequire a young
millionare or upset the family
budget too much. I am Walter.Menge@gte.net in Louisiana The Sportsman's
Paradice This is my 2@ worth
and I am waiting for my change. Thanks WM