Re: aftermarket steering wheels

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aftermarket steering wheels
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 21:58:50 -0700

Ray Cole wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Grant is a very common brand that offers a wide variety of steering wheels
> and the adapter to make everything work.  I bought mine at Pep Boys and it
> really does look great.  They do make a wood grained version also.
>
> Ray
>
> 68 1600
> 68 2000 (just returned from a 3200 mile trip to Montana)
> Stockton CA
>
> At 12:25 PM 08/02/1999 -0700, Daniel Neuman wrote:
> >I know this has gone around before but my personal archives are a little
> >bit slow.
> >       Would anyone who has an aftermarket steering wheel please email me.
> >I would liek to know brand, adaptor availability, ease of installation, and
> >price.  I am looking for a smaller wood wheel with chromed spokes.  But I
> wnat
> >my horn and turn signals to work jsut like they didi before.
> >
> >       thanks,
> >               Daniel 69 2000
> >               SF CA

I also used a Grant steering wheel form Pep Boys. They special
ordered the wheel I wanted along with the adapter, and horn kit.

Pep Boys also used to carry a dash mat for the roadster; you
had to special order it. It works great if you just have a few
cracks on your dash. They also use to have floor mats you could
order for the roadster, and you could choose the embroidered lettering
on it.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID