Re: Torque

To: "shifty" <shifty@well.com>,
Subject: Re: Torque
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:15:40 -0500
>How do you gauge this? My spanky new Craftsman torque wrench starts at 25
>lbs!

They used to offer a smaller beam type torque wrench that was in inch/lbs
with a range to 600 in/lb. you just have to do the inch/lb to ft/lb
conversion. I bought one years ago when I started replacing pressure
plates (under 20 ft/lbs on those bolts, I think). I also have the
Craftsman adjustable breakover type, but since I have no way to
accurately check the calibration, I don't use it much. Both of my beam
type wrenches have the floating pivot handles, too.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)