Re: Pertronics ignition help

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronics ignition help
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:21:05 -0700
I've actually had mediocre luck with Pertronics.
        It worked all right, but with a somewhat worn distributor, I still had
some timing wander.  Got an Allison (now made by Crane,
www.cranecams.com) which uses a (less durable but more accurate and
still cheap) opto trigger.  It seemed better, and the ignition timing
stabilized.  I know, I should just rebuild the dizzy, but this was a
quick fix that let me drive the car that afternoon!
        It's more involved than the Pertronics unit, and the opto sender can
fail or get dirty, but it's worked better for me.  I still carry points,
as a backup, along with a spare sender.
More options,
Toby