Help Needed on the Big Island...

Subject: Help Needed on the Big Island...
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:03:51 -1000
Turns out we may have our own version of Craig Halsted on the Big
Island.

I had thought that my '68, 1600 represented 1/3 of the roadsters on this
island, since I had only seen three others, and one of those had been
shipped to the mainland about five years ago., leaving only two others
that I knew of.

Received a phone call from Elroy this evening.  He lives on the "far
away" other side of this island.

He owns ten 1600 and 2000 roadsters, five of which are streetable.  He
is currently restoring several.  Problem for him is the matter of
parts.  He has had little success in obtaining many of the parts he
needs through NISSAN, NAPA, and other parts outlets on the island.

He is not on the internet, of which I had told him, and of all the
resourses available; however, for him to be able to do so is not in the
near future.

So, the only way to communicate with him is by US mail or telephone.

His address:

                Elroy Pauline
                Kaumana Camp
                PO Box # 3   ("#" NOT Number)
                Hilo, HI 96720

Tel. (808) 935-7339

I will print out and mail him web pages of suppliers that I have
available.

Mahalo for any help provided...

Dave
Kailua-Kona