my 1600 and the ticket

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: my 1600 and the ticket
From: Jim Bunte <jimbunte@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 19:59:17 -0700
hey y'all:

figured you'd all dig hearing about this!

my son and i were running to fedex in marina del rey this afternoon in
our '67 1600 -- the bitchen little black-plate roadster with a HUGE heart
and even more layers of paint; i'm doing a book on vintage japanese
robots and space toys, and i had to send some images for hi-rez scanning
to my business partner in detroit (how's that for modern business?).

anyway, we're going down lincoln from where i live in santa monica, and
it's hell traffic with all the 'ristas (that's touristas to you nocals)
heading in for a look at all the pathetic freaks in venice. anyway,
lincoln is JAMMED, and by the time i get down to washington blvd., where
i make a left, i've had it with suburbans with ohio plates ...

so when i see an opportunity, i (and i stress this) **ALLEGEDLY** cut
into the middle lane and cruise down to the left-turn lane at washington,
so i can head down del rey to fedex. AT THAT VERY MOMENT an lapd cruiser
assigned to freak patrol in the marina sees me and whips a U-turn, and
pulls me over on del rey.

so the writing officer comes back and is like, uh, mr. bunte, what KIND
of datsun is this? i'm like, it's a 1600 Fairlady. and he's like, okay,
1600, that'll work.

so next time you decide to cruise the middle lane to get a jump on the
left turner, well, what can i say? DON'T DO IT IN A DATSUN or you'll get
pulled over so that the cops can settle their bet on what kind of car it
is!

roadsters rock, baby!

jim

Jim Bunte