Re: Sighting

To: Kathy Troxel <KTroxel@BENSON.MCKENNA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Sighting
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:40:46 -0700
Kathy Troxel wrote:

Saw an olive green (or was that my sunglasses?) roadster at the corner of

> 6th and Mills in Claremont today.  Had the top UP - ?????  I wasn't quite
> to the corner when it blew past, so I don't think they saw my little white
> 1600.
>
> kathy t

Kathy,

That one belongs to Gary Short from Sitka, Alaska.  His mother lives in
Claremont and bought the car new and is now 80 yrs old and decided it was time
to pass the 48,000 original mile '66 1600 to her son.  Gary flew down, picked
up the car and brought it down to CDM for a quick 2-day fix-up.  Put on a new
top, new weather-stripping, new seats, new dash, etc. and he was on his way.
He is driving the car to Seattle and then putting it on a boat to Sitka, which
is an island 12 miles long.  He will have the only Roadster on Sitka :-).  I
think he is leaving for Seattle on Friday.

Dennis
--
Dennis Currington
1966 Solex 2000