Another Gas Tank ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Gas Tank ?
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:34:49 -0600
Hi again,

Sorry, I should've asked these questions along with my post about the gas
tank boot.  I also bought a new gas tank sensor/float assembly to put in my
nicely vatted/painted/autographed tank.

- Is the float arm suppossed to be pointed in a certain direction?  Right
now mine is in the tank such that the "E", "G", and "S" lettering on the top
of the sensor, are readable if you're standing at the rear of the car.

- Speaking of the "E", "G", and "S", what do these mean?  And which wire
goes to which connector?

I'm guessing that the "G" is for Ground and the black wire connects to it.
The "E" is for Engine and the yellow wire goes to it.  I have no idea what
the "S" means (no connector).

BTW that sure is a nifty plate in the trunk, that exposes this sensor!

Thanks again - Robert Long - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque, NM